Fire Chief Urges Public To Stay Back From Emergency Scenes

The Vegreville Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Tuesday ...

Fire Chief Phil Rowe says the call was for a garage fire along the 52nd block in Vegreville adding that upon arrival the fire had spread to a neighboring garage.

Rowe says suppression efforts were initially delayed due to live power lines adjacent to the fire.

Rowe has an important message for the public when it comes to gathering near emergency scenes.

He adds, in this case, the delays caused by the public wound up costing the Fire Department precious time.

No injuries were reported as a result of Tuesday’s fire.

More from Local News