On Nov. 22, 2017 at approximately 11:45 p.m., Vermilion RCMP executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant at a residence in Vermilion and arrested a male inside without incident
Vermilion RCMP executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant at a home in Vermilion and arrested a male inside without incident on November 22.
Police seized multiple firearms and weapons, $1,500 cash along with marijuana, cannabis resin, cocaine, methamphetamine, mushrooms, oxycodone and fentanyl tablets. Two stolen ATV's and a snow blower were also recovered.
43-year-old Mark Richard James Cameron, from Vermilion was charged with 34 Criminal Code offenses which include:
· 3 counts of Possession of property obtained by crime
· 3 counts of Possession of a prohibited weapon
· 5 counts of Unauthorized Possession of a firearm
· 7 counts of Possession for the purpose of trafficking
· and 11 counts Possession of a weapon/firearm/ammunition while prohibited
He was remanded into custody after a judicial hearing and is set to appear in Vegreville Provincial Court today.