Elk Point Mounties have made an arrest involving a carjacking
Elk Point Mounties have made an arrest involving a carjacking on the morning of Sept. 10.
The victim dropped off several people at a residence. Once there, a male pointed a firearm at the victim and demanded the keys to the vehicle. The victim was able to flee after the car drove away and call police. No one was injured. Police made extensive patrols in the area but the vehicle was not located.
Later that day, police responded to a report of an erratic driver near Frog Lake in a vehicle matching the description of the earlier carjacking. The car swerved by a police vehicle, narrowly missing responding officers, and lost control and drove into a ditch.
A male was arrested and taken into custody without incident.
26 year old Marlon Lacombe, from Fishing Lake has been charged with:
· Robbery with a firearm
· Carrying a concealed weapon
· Possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose
· Unauthorized possession of a firearm
· Two counts of Possession of weapons and ammunition contrary to prohibition order
· Possession of a firearm/ammunition in a vehicle
· Possession of a firearm with a tampered serial number
Lacombe was also wanted for armed robbery and assault causing bodily harm from an alleged incident that occurred on June 21, 2017. He'll be appearing in St. Paul Provincial Court on Sept. 14.