Carbon Monoxide A Serious Danger

Carbon Monoxide poisoning is a greater risk during the winter months, as fuel burning appliances get used more, and snow has the risk of blocking ventilation

The Alberta Fire Chiefs Association is campaigning through the holidays to ensure everyone is aware of the potential risk of Carbon Monoxide.

Executive Director of Alberta Fire Chiefs, Fred Tyrrell, says anything that burns fuel can be a risk for producing Carbon Monoxide, especially in the winter.

Tyrrell says that Carbon Monoxide poisoning is a silent killer, undetectable by smell, and usually resembling flu like symptoms early on. He adds that regular maintenance of fuel burning appliances is critical to minimizing the risk of carbon monoxide, and encourages every home to have a Carbon Monoxide detector.

More from Local News

Recently Played